Kebabs or Skewers (also known affectionately in our house as Meat Sticks) provide endless flavoursome fun with absolutely countless possibilities and combinations. Over the summer months I can guarantee you I will be posting plenty of these flavour combinations here for you, from fruit kebabs to fish kebabs!
But for now, let’s start with these tantalizingly Tangy Barbi-Babs and see how we go!
What Will I Need?
500g Beef, Diced
¼ cup Soy Sauce
3 tbs Rice Wine Vinegar
½ tbs Peanut Oil
½ tbs Honey
½ tsp Chilli, minced
½ tsp Hoisin Sauce
1 tbs Tomato Paste
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1. In your marinade bag or bowl, combine your spices and sauces and give a good stir/shake.
2. Now, add your beef, make sure it is thoroughly coated, and set to the side for about 30 minutes.
3. Whilst the meat is marinading, soak your skewers in water – this will prevent them from splintering or catching fire when on the barbecue!
4. Once the skewers have soaked, and the meat is ready, carefully thread the beef cubes onto the skewers.
5. Bring your grill or barbecue up to a high heat, and then cook the skewers on each side for about 2 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade each side, until cooked to your preference.
6. Serve with a light summer salad, and a cold hard beer!