Another party favourite, my Pink Potato Salad looks messy but combines the unique flavours of beetroot and mayonnaise to create something completely different and unexpected. At my sister-in-laws party, this was definitely the crowd favourite!
In fact, since I first served this Pink Potato Salad a few years ago with Christmas dinner it has been a frequently requested salad to bring to parties, barbecues and picnics alike - and the best thing? it's quick, simple and easy to cook with only four ingredients!
Please note this photo was taken before I had a chance to clean up the presentation! It tastes a lot better than it looks, trust me, it’s worth it!
What Will I Need?
500g potatoes, cut into 1.5 inch cubes
450g can Baby Beetroots, cut in half
¾ cup Whole Egg Mayonnaise
2 Shallots, sliced
1. Pop potatoes into a large saucepan and add enough water to considerably cover the potatoes (ration of water: potatoes, 2:1)
2. Once boil, allow to bubble away for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Decant the potatoes into a colander and allow to drain and cool.
4. In a large serving bowl, combine beetroot, chives, mayonnaise and potatoes, stirring everything through carefully until all ingredients are combined.
5. Serve up with all your party favourites!