Quesadillas are a great snack or quick and easy lunch that can be made in countless ways with limitless fillings!
Below is an easy, spicy Chicken Quesadilla Steve and I make up when we have unexpected lunch guests, or really couldn’t be bothered making anything fancy for dinner. Please note though, there are two ways of cooking the Quesadilla itself, both quite simple and both included below.
Quesadillas are a great way to experiment with fillings and toppings, and the only limit you’ll find when coming up with ways to fill these crispy tortilla delights is your imagination!
What Will I Need?
4 x Flour Tortillas
500g chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tsp Oregnao
1 tbs Olive Oil
½ cup Cheese, grated
2 tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup Tomato Salsa
1. Grab a Marinading Bag and pop chicken, paprika, lemon juice, oregano and oil, and give a cook shake until the chicken is completely coated with the spicy red mixture.
2. Next, bring a frying pan up to a high heat and cook chicken for about 5 minutes , or until chicken is cooked – this will depend, obviously, on how hot your frying pan can get and also how thickly sliced your chicken is.
3. Now, this is where there are two differing cooking methods for your quesadilla! Use either method below, whichever is easiest for you.
4. Spray sandwich press with a light cooking spray oil, then place one tortilla on the bottom.
5. Add a layer of chicken (about half of what has been cooked), top with tomato, half the salsa, and half the cheese.
6. Top this with another tortilla, then close the lid of the press and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortillas have become crispy.
7. Remove the Quesadilla from the Sandwich Press and cut into quarters, then repeat steps 4-6 using your remaining ingredients.
4. Spray frying pan with a small amount of cooking spray oil, and place one tortilla in the pan.
5. Add a layer of chicken (approximately a quarter of what has been cooked) on only HALF of the tortilla.
6. Top with tomato, a quarter of the salsa, and a quarter of the cheese.
7. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, before folding the tortilla in half – brining the empty side up and over to create a pocket.
8. Carefully, flip the Quesadilla over and cook on the other side for about 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
9. Carefully transfer to a plate and cut in half.
10. Repeat steps 4 through 9 with remaining ingredients.
Viola! You have four mouth watering lunches for you and your friends, each person receiving 2 quarters of a Quesadilla each!