Links



Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cashew & Coriander Pesto


Coriander is one of my favourite herbs. It has such a fresh flavour and just the right amount of bite to really bring dishes to life – especially salads!

A week ago I bought some fresh Coriander (also known as Cilantro) but the meal I bought it for required less than what I had bought. Now, I am not one for waste so I decided that the left over leaves should either be dried or turned into a pesto, which I could then freeze.

Obviously I chose the latter, it can be used stirred through some veggies and noodles, as a dip for some prawn of fish bites, or anything else your imagination suggests!.


What Will I Need?

1 bunch Fresh Coriander (about 1 cup)
½ cup Cashews
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 tsp Chilli, minced
½ cup Peanut Oil
1 Clove Garlic

What Now?

Let’s start by adding all ingredients to your food processor and blitxing for about 30 seconds.

Scrape down any bits off the side that were thrown up with the first blitz, and blitz for another 30 seconds.

Serve straight away, refrigerate for a week, or freeze for up to three months remembering to apply a small layer of oil to the pesto to ensure it keeps properly.