Links



Monday, November 28, 2011

Caesar Dressing


I have always held the firm belief that Caesar Salad isn’t a salad at all, but simply breakfast with lettuce. Not a belief shared by many, I must admit, but I can’t shift this preconception and as such I am not a particularly big fan of Caesar Salads.

Unfortunately, no matter what my opinions, it remains one of the most popular and well known salads around and Steve, my partner, is particularly fond of it. So, in a bit of a win-win situation, rather than having a Caesar Salad, we had Caesar wraps (all the same ingredients, but wrapped up in a soft white tortilla) and used this rich creamy dressing to top it off our tasty twist on the original.



What Will I Need?

2 eggs
2/3 cup Olive Oil
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbs Lemon Juice
1 Garlic Clove, minced
4 Anchovy Fillets

What Now?

1.         Place eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil over a high heat. Allow to boil for one minute, then remove from heat and rinse under cold water.

2.         Crack eggs into a food processer, and scoop out any bits that have cooked into the processor as well.

3.         Add Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic, and anchovy fillet and turn on to blitz.

4.         Slowly add the oil to the food processer, and continue to blitz until a thick and creamy mixture has formed.

5.         Serve with you Caesar salad and enjoy!