It is no secret that I love spicy, fragrant food, nor the fact I love simple foods and the few moments it takes to prepare them.
Marinades are always simple yet can produce the most delicious and complex results – I served this with a cucumber salad with a wonderful yoghurt dressing. This is enough for of course for two people, but can easily multiplied for four, or more.
What Will I Need?
3 tbs yoghurt
1/23tbs ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tabs chilli, minced
½ tbs coriander, ground
½ tbs garam masala, ground
½ tbs turmeric
½ tbs oil
6 lamb cutlets
1tbs oil, additional
1. In a bowl suitable for marinading, combine all ingredient, excluding the lamb of course, until a thick paste has formed.
2. Now, we get to add the lamb cutlet and ensure each cutlet is thoroughly covered in the mixture. As opposed to using a marinade bowl, you could always combine all ingredients into large plastic or freezer bag and shake vigorously until all ingredients re well combined
3. After the cutlets are covered in the thick, spicy paste, allow to marinade for at least an hour.
4. Once the lamb has had the opportunity to absorb all the flavour, heat a tablespoon of oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat.
5. Cook each cutlet for 2-3 minutes in each side, and serve with a cucumber salad.