Marinades are quite possible the easiest way to add flavour to your meat. It’s as simple as mixing some spices and herbs in a bowl and then allowing your meat to soak up all the flavour, putting a whole different spin on what could have been an otherwise bland meal.
The recipe below is enough for two people, but as I'm sure you can guess is easily duplicated to marinade more meat and feed more people.
2 Lamb Chops
½ tbs Lime Juice
½ tbs Fish Sauce
½ tbs Red Wine
2 Garlic cloves, sliced
¼ tsp Chinese 5 Spice
1 tsp Sesame Oil
½ tsp Ginger, minced
½ tsp Chilli, minced
1 tbs oil
1. In a marinading dish mix all ingredients (excluding the chops, obviously!) to form a paste.
2. Be prepared to get your hands dirty, because we now need to cover the lamb with the marinade, and gently rub it into the meat.
3. Allow to sit for about twenty minutes, while you heat some oil in a frypan (or heat your grill) over a medium-high heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the lamb chops and cook on each side for approximately four minutes or until cooked to your liking.
5. We served this with steamed vegetables and wasabi mash potatoes! To make wasabi mash, simply add about 1 tbs of wasabi to each potato as you mash it.