This is listed as a Vegetarian dish, although Chicken Stock is used. However, I used stock cubes, which are vegan, so I apologise if this causes offence.
What Will I Need?
1 cup Basmati Rice
1.5 cup Chicken Stock
1 onion, finely diced
½ red capsicum, finely diced,
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbs oil
1. Over a low to medium heat, heat oil, onion, garlic and capsicum together in a 3L capacity saucepan.
2. Once the onion, garlic and capsicum are soft and fragrant add the spices and give it all a quick stir before then adding the rice and stirring until the rice is covered in the spices and mixed into the onions and capsicum.
3. Now we add the chicken stock and raise the heat and allow the rice to come to the boil.
4. When the rice comes to a boil, turn the heat to the lowest temperature, pop a lid onto the saucepan and let it all simmer away for about 15 minutes.
5. You will know your pilaf is cooked when the rice has absorbed all the stock and has formed a level layer, pockmarked with steam holes.
6. Serve in your favourite, most colourful bowls and enjoy!