However, today I have set aside the afternoon all for myself, to rest and rejuvenate, and what better way than to indulge in a little bit of food for the soul – a completely effortless chocolate cake, ready to eat within minutes, literally.
The original version of this was sent to me in an email from my mother and I have since refined it to what I present to you below: My Cheeky 3-Minute Chocolate Cake for 1
2 tbs Gluten-Free or Normal Flour
2 tbs Sugar
1 tbs Cocoa Powder
1 ½ tbs Full Cream Milk
1 ½ tbs Oil (vegetable, or olive)
Splash of Vanilla Essence
1. Into a small soup or cereal bowl add all your dry ingredients and mix them together with a fork until combined.
2. Add oil, milk, egg and vanilla and stir again until the mixture is mostly smooth (we can forgive a few little lumps, after all, we are trying to relax!)
3. Pop into a Microweave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
4. Now, the bowl will be quite hot so sing a spoon loosen the cake from the sides off the bowl, and then quickly flip onto a small plate.
5. Add some delicious, creamy vanilla ice cream, and then sit back, relax and enjoy your special treat!