Although the thought of stuff chicken breast sounds a bit daunting, it only takes a few minutes to prepare!
What will I need?
4 x 125g Chicken Breasts
200g Ricotta Cheese
½ cup Coriander
½ cup breadcrumbs
Small amount of GF Flour
1. To start, preheat your oven to 200oC, and coat a baking tray with a light layer of oil.
2. In each of your chicken breasts, using a small paring knife, create a pocket by slicing it almost in half leaving it attached by a thickness of 1 cm on one side.
3. Now we coat chicken with a light layer of GF flour, then dip into whisked egg until covered completely, and then coat with breadcrumbs on each side. The flour helps the egg and breadcrumbs “stick” to the flesh.
Now onto the filling!
4. We need to remove the seeds from the two tomatoes, then finely dice them before putting them into a mixing bowl.
5. Next we chopped the coriander and add it to the mixing bowl with the tomato.
6. Finally, we add the ricotta cheese then mix it thoroughly, and add seasoning to taste. Remember, you can always add more or less tomato and coriander as well to suit your tastes.
7. Once we’ve finished the cheese mixture, fill the chicken breast generously. Mind you, how much is stuffed into the breast is entirely up to you as the chicken breasts doesn’t need to close over the stuffing, and you can create more or less cheese mixture as necessary.
8. Once all four chicken breasts have been stuffed, place them carefully onto the baking tray so as not to spill any filling and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Voila – nice and easy stuffed chicken breast!