On a Friday evening when you've just kicked off the work pumps, thrown down the handbag, and collapsed to the lounge with a glass of wine, it is all too easy to give into laziness and order a mildly tasty but expensive take away meal. You place your order then 15, 20, 30 minutes pass before your meal has been delivered. Meanwhile, as you wasted you've snacked on cheese, crackers and maybe even some potato chips and the meal just delivered isn't really what you feel like afterall.
Why not just make this simple Pasta dish that takes all of 15 minutes?
What will I need?
2 tbs Basil Pesto
2 tbs Butter
250g Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
1 Onion, finely diced
2 cloves Garlic
350g GF Fettuccine
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add salt, then add your pasta
2. As your pasta cooks, saute your onion and garlic in olive oil over a low heat. Once your onion is fragrant and translucant add tomatoes, sliced in half, and stir through.
3. Now that the tomato has become soft add your pesto and butter and stir through thoroughly.
4. By now your pasta should be ready, so drain the pasta then return to its original saucepan which should still retain some of its heat.
5. Add your tomato, onion, pesto mix and stir through.
6. Garnish with some parmesan, and you have a 15 minute very simple pasta dish that tastes amazing with a lovely blend of textures and flavours.
This is enough to feed two adults as a main, or four as a sidedish.
Have any thoughts or suggestions? Feel free to let me know!