When cooking for only two people it’s really not worth having a pantry with several different types of pasta as it can take so long to use them all up, especially when pasta is normally used as a sie dish as opposed to an entire dish itself.
So, rather than the traditional Fettuccine Carbonara we’re all familiar with, last night as the side dish to our Chicken Cordon Bleu we decided to mix it up a little and have Spiral Carbonara instead!
This recipe is for two people as a side dish, or one person as a main meal.
200g uncooked pasta
50g pancetta or bacon, chopped
1 eggs, lightly whisked
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
¼ cup thickened cream
1. First we need to bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Once the water is boiling we add our pasta!
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, add the pancetta/bacon to a small fry pan and cok stirring over high heat until crisp. This should only take a few minutes.
3. Once the pasta is cooked and the pancetta/bacon crisp, drain the pasta and then add it to a mixing bowl along with the bacon.
4. Quickly add the egg, parmesan, and cream and stir until well combined, and season with a little pepper to your tastes. You can always add extra parmesan and cream according to how thick and rich you want your sauce.
5. Serve as a side dish or as a special treat just for yourself.