Ingredients such as ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil are those types of ingredients that you always have on hand. Below is a very simple recipe with few ingredients that offers a complex layer of flavours and is a delighfully light meal.
As with all cooking that doesn't involve baking, adjust the recipe to suit your flavours for a truly enjoyable experience!
1 tsp ginger paste
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tsp sesame oil
500g rump steak, sliced into strips
1 onion, thickly sliced
1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
Wasabi to taste
1. Firstly, in a bowl we need to combine the ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil. Feel free to adjust the flavours to suit your tastes!
2. Add the beef strips to the marinade and stir until the meat is completely covered before popping into the fridge for an hour.
3. Just before you take the beef out of the fridge, combine the mayo and wasabiand add a small dash of lemon juice.
4. Once the mayo is prepared, remove the beef from the fridge, and stir through the onion.
5. Heat a small amount of sesame oil in a frying pan over medium-hi heat before adding the beef and the onion and cooking for a few minutes until beef is medium-rare.
6. Serve with wasabi may and steamed rice!!