It’s Friday night which means it’s time for Friday Night Finger Food time!
Usually on a Friday Night my partner and I sit down, enjoy a beer and a game of footy but tonight he’s off to the pub with his co-workers to celebrated the end of a project.
This of course opened up a wonderful opportunity for my sister to come visit which means our finger food tonight can be that slightly more indulgent and as such I decided that deep fried brie with cranberry sauce would be the most devilishly delicious decision with a wonderful rich velvety texture sure to please even the most stubborn palate!
1/3 cup Cornflour
3/4 cup Breadcrumbs
1 Egg, whisked
200g wheel Brie
Oil for frying
1. First we need to -heat about 4cm oil in saucepan or frypan over medium-high heat.
2. Whilst the oil is heating, place cornflour, egg, and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls to prevent them getting mixed together.
3. Now, cut Brie into wedges – the size of these wedges depend entirely upon you, howeverI always cut into 12 pieces..
4. Wedge by wedge, Coat the brie in cornflour followed by egg, then breadcrumbs.
5. Once all the wedges are completely coated in breadcrumbs, carefully drop them into the hot oil.
6. After a minute or two the wedges will have turneda golden brown and this is when we need to pluck them out and set them onto some papertowel to absorb excess oil.
7. Arrange the deep fried brie in a circle, and serve with cranberry sauce!